Meet Jess, and learn her beauty tricks cos she’s got some pretty darn good ones.
How good are beauty bloggers? Without them, we’d be looking trés rough, hey?!
So to show our appreciation, we’re highlighting a few of our faves and posting their wisdom, like what their go-to products are (so we can buy them), what their night out look entails and what kind of beauty disasters they’ve had (just to prove they’re human…)
First up, we checked in with the very talented and even more gorgeous:

Jessica Abdo from Pressure for Perfection
image
Jess’s vital stats:
Age: 19 From: Sydney
Hey Jess, what are your favourite must have beauty products?
My favourite must have beauty products would have to be M.A.C Lipliner in “Soar” and my red Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in “Cambon”.
Picture 19

What is your everyday makeup routine?
I wake up and I wash my face with a foaming cleanser. I ensure I swap and rotate my skin care products every few months. Cleansers use different surfactant ingredients, a different type of surfactant may clean off some types of dirt/makeup better.
Then I apply a face moisturiser, usually one from Kiehl’s, Bioderma, L’Occitane, Chanel or Priori (there is so many amazing products to choose from!)
Now I begin my everyday makeup routine. I start by smearing NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under my eyes, before applying Sunday Riley Crème Radiance Breathable Ageless foundation in circular movements with my fingertips (it is extremely light and breathable, it is basically like another crème!) I will then dust my bareMinerals SPF 20 powder on, and finish off with a sprinkling of Curtis Collection by Victoria “Island Goddess” bronzer around my cheeks.
Once my skin regime is complete, I tidy up my eyebrows with my Napolean Perdis eyebrow comb, before applying Shu Uemura Tokyo Lash Mascara to my eyelashes. A trick I have when applying mascara, is to wipe the tip of the mascara brush on a napkin before bringing it up to your lashes. This will eliminate clumping!
Now I finally slick a pop of colour upon my lips, usually red or tangerine, and I’m ready to go.
image
What’s one product do you never leave the house without?
I never leave the house without a bright lipstick and a perfume.
It is a crime to not… apply perfume every day.
What’s your best tip for really good hair?
Use argon oil, heat protectant, and avoid heat styling every day. When I straighten or blow-dry my hair, I will always unclasp the straightener or pull the blow drier away, a good 5-10cm before it reaching the ends. This will minimise breakage and split ends.
If you only had $20, what would you buy?
Definitely a lipstick. No other makeup product can perfect an outfit, or substitute a bad hair day like a pop of lipstick. It will attract immediate attention to your lips, people wouldn’t even notice that you forgot to apply mascara or your hair looks like a birds nest!
What’s your Saturday night look?
It doesn’t change much from my everyday look! I like to keep it fairly minimal, although I may apply a feline eye for something different. I use Christian Dior’s Diorshow art pen eyeliner, in Catwalk Black – it’s super easy to apply thanks to the super thin, felt tip.
What do you always take out with you?
My 20ml Chanel Chance atomizer.
Who is your beauty role model?
Kate Moss. She always looks so natural and crisp. Her makeup enhances her strongest features like her cheek bones and eyes, without being overpowering. She always looks minimal, yet she never fails to make a statement.
Picture 20
What do you do when you get a pimple?
I try and fight the urge to pop it, and rub Kosmea Rosehip oil on and around the spot. Rosehip oils contain vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, which speed up the recovery process.
What does your fiancé think of your beauty stuff?
He thinks I look better when I don’t wear makeup. He always tells me that I know my beauty stuff, but then again, he is a man and he probably wouldn’t know if I was right or wrong! (hehe)
Do you wear makeup to the gym? 
Of course I don’t wear makeup to the gym – ever. Apart from the fact that the gym is a place to work out, sweat and (for once) not try to look attractive, it would also be traumatising for your skin. Our pores open up when sweating, so you don’t want to block your skin’s ability to breathe by wearing heavy makeup. Even the slightest amount of foundation or powder can be enough to enter open pores and can lead to irritation or breakouts.
What’s your biggest beauty regret?
Wearing full on foundation followed by powder and blush, which made my skin super oily and heavy – talk about cake face. I am so grateful for tinted mousturisers!
Thanks Jess! You can find her on Twitter and Insta too… Tell her we sent you!