Thursday 14 August 2014

Emma Giacca



I've had the absolute pleasure of interviewing a soon-to-be super model from Gear Model Management, Sydney. Emma Giacca is a 20 year old, mega babe from Sydney, who is simply beautiful both inside and out. She always manages to find a positive note in every situation, she is a loyal and caring friend and an she is an ideal role model for all young women. I thought it would be great to get to know her on the beauty side of things and asked her a few questions regarding her favourite beauty products, diet tips and her goals for the future.


What products would you never leave the house without?
"I never leave the house without my phone! If I didn't have my phone I would feel so lost. My daily plans are in there and I need to be getting my emails even if I'm not at home."

If you had to choose one beauty product, what would you choose and why?
"One beauty product I would die with out would be fake tan. I am so white and I get pretty red on my arms and legs, so having a nice natural tan for me is essential. I like to use Bondi Sands or St Tropez as I feel they give a nice natural result and I don't go patchy."

What skincare products do you use?
"All of my skin products are from the QV range because I have very sensitive skin. I use all of their face products from cleansing wipes to rescue gel to exfoliator and I also use their body soap and body moisturiser."

What would you say your 'signature look' is?
"My signature look is my thick eyebrows and my eyes."

How many days a week do you train?
"My training program is pretty full on as I am a personal trainer as well. It is important for me to look healthy and fit. I train 6 - 7 days a week."


Can you tell us about your workout and what it entails?
"I love to do fasted cardio 4 times a week and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) once a week. For my fasted cardio I like to do half an hour on the stepper at a slower pace, to work on my legs and gluteus and then I get on the treadmill on a high incline for 45 minutes. For my HIIT work out I like to do a Tabata class or do interval sprints on the treadmill. I do weight training 6 times a week and I like to break it up into body parts. For example:
Glutes/Hamstrings Shoulders/Abs Back/Biceps or Chest/triceps.
legs. To me, weight training is super important and it is something all girls should be doing. NO IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A MAN! If you're unsure on what to do just ask a personal trainer for help."

Do you have a strict diet plan or do you like to mix it up?
"I do follow a meal plan but I'm not afraid to go out and have fun with my loved ones. If I want to go out for dinner and have some drinks I will, as life should be something you enjoy and not something that it strict. I always keep in mind that there is a healthy a choice when going for out dinner. For example, grilled chicken or fish with veggies. My meal plan contains proteins, Fats and CARBS! Yes girls I eat carbs! Carbs are something you shouldn't cut out of your diet as it gives you the energy you need for the day ahead of you. I also stick to the right carbs like sweet potato or brown rice. I do the same with my proteins and fats. Remember to keep all of your food in portions that aren't huge and don't be afraid to have a treat once in a while."

How and when did you start modelling?
"When I was little I use to do a lot of catalogue work until I was about 14. I then got into dancing and decided that I wanted to pursue that as my career. When I was 18, I started working professionally as a dancer but realised I wanted to get back in to modelling. I had a lot of people tell me not to bother because I'm short and I won't make it. But it only made me push harder to get into the industry. So I went out and got myself an agent (Gear model management) and since then I haven't stopped reaching for my goals and I haven't stopped dreaming."

Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
"My biggest inspirations are Kate Moss and Laetitia Casta. These women are not only amazing models but they are amazing role models for a lot of women. One reason I love them is that they are shorter than your average model and they have proved to people that you don't need to be super tall to be an amazing model. They have also done so much more in life than just model - and that is what I want to be like. I want to inspire people like they have inspired me."

What are your goals for the future?
"I would love to model for brands like Guess, Dolce & Gabbana, L'Oreal etc. I don't have an edgy look, but I do have tattoos - so I would also love to model for general pants etc. My main goal is to go overseas and work over there as model. I would love to work in Paris or America."


Thank you for your time Emma, you're a fabulous young woman with a bright future!
Ensure you lovely ladies check her out on:

And

xx